Pets travelling with us this summer?
When planning air travel for your pet through the hot months of the year, we suggest you prepare for any extreme weather conditions that may occur on the day.
Australia’s climate can vary a great deal from place to place, and the summer months are no exception.
We’ve included some flight tips for your pet below. However, to ensure your animal is comfortable throughout their journey, we recommend you check expected weather conditions at the point of departure, transfer or arrival.
If you feel the weather won’t be suitable for your pet – let us know by calling 13 12 13 and we’ll rebook them on another flight at no additional air freight cost.
Pre-flight tips for your pet
- Your pet should visit the vet for a health check-up prior to air travel.
- Your pet should spend time becoming familiar with being in the pet crate prior to travel, and able to use the water dispenser fitted to the crate.
- Your pet should be fit, healthy and confident with being confined to a pet carrier for the duration of the flight (which is why acclimatising them to the crate is so important).
- Pets can stow one favourite toy with them in their crate.
- Just like their humans, animals get dehydrated, so water is important.
Find more information on our Pet and animal transport page.