- Carbon Neutral Freight is a voluntary contribution.
- Your payment will include a Goods and Services Tax (GST) component which will not be allocated towards carbon offset projects.
- The minimum value for each contribution to the Carbon Offset Programme shall be one Australian Dollar (AUD$1). For the avoidance of doubt, any contribution which is less than one Australian Dollar (AUD$1) will be rounded to one Australian Dollar (AUD$1).
- Qantas will provide you with a tax invoice by e-mail when you make your contribution. We will not provide duplicate tax invoices.
- The Qantas carbon offset program has been certified under the Australian Government's Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Product and Services.
- The calculation method provides an emission estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions. We accept no liability if the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions relating to your freight shipment is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your freight shipment.
- Your contribution will be used to acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' as defined under the Australian Government's Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Product and Service. We may at our absolute discretion acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' from certified greenhouse gas abatement suppliers of our choice. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular greenhouse gas abatement projects or suppliers.
- While Qantas has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information provided by us on the Qantas Freight websites relating to carbon offsetting is correct, all information may be subject to change at any time without notice. Qantas is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up-to-date.
- Qantas Freight reserves the right to suspend or terminate this carbon offsetting arrangement in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
- These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (26 July 2021) and may be amended by Qantas Freight from time to time without giving notice to you.
You should also read the general terms and conditions that apply to use of this website.
You can find out more about the Qantas Group's commitment to minimising our impact on the environment here.