Sorry that things didn’t go to plan. Information on how to make a claim for full or partial loss, delay or damage can be found below.
Qantas freight is indemnified from liability pursuant to Article 12.4 of carrier's terms and conditions of carriage which is why we recommend private insurance to cover your shipment.
Time limits for reporting and making a claim
There are strict time limits in place for making a claim. As such, we recommend that you submit your intent to claim as soon as possible and no later than the following time limits set out below. If you delay in submitting your intent to claim you may be time barred. The time limits are:
- Total loss - 120 days from issuance of airway bill
- Partial loss - 14 days from receipt of goods
- Damages - 14 days from receipt of goods
- Delay - 21 days from when the cargo was placed at disposal of the consignee
How to lodge a claim
Lodge an intent to claim form online
To have access to and enable you to complete the online intent to claim form, you must first register as a user before logging-in using your unique password. Once you have registered, select the ‘shipment query’ option on our contact us page and follow the prompts. You’ll receive a receipt of acknowledgement including instructions on how to make a formal claim. Keep this handy as it will be needed when lodging the formal claim.
Lodge a formal claim
If you are outside Australia, you can submit your formal claim to your local Qantas Freight office or ground handling agent where the freight was collected. If you are in Australia, your formal claim submission can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you include the following information:
- Reason for lodgement
- Number and weight of affected pieces
- Amount claimed ($ value)
- Copy of airway bill
- Copy of ‘Intent to claim’ acknowledgement receipt
- Copy of house airway bill (if applicable)
- Invoice and/or packing list
- Destruction certificate (if goods have been disposed)
- Repair quotation (where applicable)
- Evidence of attempts make to mitigate losses
- Copy of loss adjustor/marine surveyor’s report (if applicable)
Call Customer Service on 13 12 13.