Ground handling and other fees
We operate a network of ground handling terminals throughout Australia and in Los Angeles. Different charges apply for domestic and international shipments.
Schedule of charges
The basic cost of air freight is determined by either the weight or the size of your shipment. Find out more about calculating your freight costs here.
Other fees will also apply depending on what is being shipped, any specialist handling requirements, other services that may be needed and how you book. Fees listed exclude GST unless otherwise stated.
The following fees apply per air waybill and exclude GST:
Basic service fees
- Q-GO Classic - $35
- Q-GO Express, Fresh, Pets and Animals - $45
- Q-GO Priority, Secure, Pharma - $110
- Q-GO Custom - dependant on requirements
Dangerous Goods acceptance - $75
Fuel and security fees apply to basic and kilogram charges and exclude GST:
Fuel - 6.59% (effective 21 Nov 2020)
Security - 3%
Screening fees (excl GST)
- $2.50 per piece - Q-GO Priority
- $1.90 per piece - all other shipments
Fees provided are subject to variation with a minimum seven days' notice.
- AWB, FWB and eAWB are all referred to as air waybill
- HAWB and FHL are referred to as house air waybill
- Fees marked with an asterisk (*) include GST.
View Australian International Terminal Service Fees effective from 1 April 2020 (PDF)
Rate book charges
- DG fee to USA if interlined on QJ (RA) - $120
- Bond fee to ANC if interlined on QJ (MC) - $295
- Border crossing fee to Canada if interlined on QJ (MC) - $35
All pricing is in AUD
Qantas Freight reserves the right to recharge all or part of any ground handling fee if a shipment is rejected and resubmitted (completely or partially).
From 1 Oct 2020, a fee of A$30 (excl GST) per AWB will apply when you call or email our Customer Service team for general freight bookings.
For some freight movements, bookings will still need to be made via our Customer Service team and fees will not apply for bookings made over the phone or via email for the following international and domestic (if applicable) shipments:
- Flights departing within 24 hours
- Dangerous goods, including radioactive material
- Special moves including firearms and valuable cargo
- Itineraries which include interline (081 and other airlines) or trucking sectors (within AU or overseas)
- Oversize bookings
- Splitting bookings
- Human remains